Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Donwload Usage Monitor

• Please log in to reply

Dave B

Dave B

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi there, hope you can help.

I've just signed up to a broadband package that allows me to download up to 6GB a month. Is there any software that you can recommend that will monitor my monthly usage so that I will know when I am nearing my limit?

I've asked the company themselves but they cannot/will not recommend one to me. I've tried a few searches, but most bring up software that just shows time spent on the net.

Hope you can help

Regards,

Dave

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
this looks promising

http://www.trafficstatistic.com/

Dave B

Dave B

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Gerryf,

Many thanks for this link - looks like it could be just the thing! I'll try out over the weekend and let you know.

Regards,

Dave

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
it takes a little to get it running properly, but of all the free ones, it seems most reliable and useful for constant monitoring

Dave B

Dave B

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Gerryf,

Have tried the software and it seems to work great. Many thanks for your assistance. :whistling:

Apologies for taking a while to get back to you. My broadband wouldn't work, and it took the best part of three weeks for the ISP and the line owners to decide who should be fixing the problem !!

Regards,

Dave B