Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lost Password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I'm trying to reinstall Windows 95 on a Packard Bell 409 CDt machine for an elderly lady. We have all the orginal CDs', and start up floppy, but she has forgotten her password. It's the BIOS password. Does anyone know how I can bypass the password, so I can format the hard drive and reinstall Windows 95? I've tried a few things, but I keep going back to that black screen where I have to input the password. I've even tried going to Packard Bell's web-site, but with not success. Please help, because she doesn't have any monies to get a new computer.

Thanks!

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well first of all you have duplicate posts please don't post multiple questions of the same thing it clogs the message boards and is useless.

secondly we here at geeks to go can not help you with this question. because regardless if your copy of windows is Legitimate or not. for the reason that somebody else could perform the same action if they are trying to crack a bios password which isnt there own eg a company computer or what not.

maybe you could google it but you wont get a reply from anybody here,

admin please close,
troppo

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
duplicate post http://www.geekstogo...er-t112302.html