Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

*HELP* Video Card

• Please log in to reply

atong

atong

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I need to buy a new Video Card today. I was wondering if the memory used by the Video Card (most new ones use DDR3) has any effect on my computer's memory- which is only DDR. Can my computer support a video chip that uses DDR3???

Also, if my computer supports AGP (it is a Dell Dimension 8300) will it be able to support all the AGP cards?? (Regardless of number of pixels) ???

Advertisements

atong

atong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
can someone please help?!?! Im sorrry about the duplicate post, im new to these boards, just need some quick help!! thanks

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
As long as you have a compatible interface and sufficent power supply anything will run. Also bumping a post after only 11 minutes thats not only low but really rude.