Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty 2 Install Problems

• Please log in to reply

Sgt. McCoy

Sgt. McCoy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I Installed CoD 2 and I have been playing it, and after time when i get borred with it i wanted to deinstall it but it did't let me do it. It allways came up with some error. But i needed disc space then so i deleted the entire Call Of Duty 2 folder, i knew that there are still some files (*.dll,...) and other files all arround computer but i just needed free disc space than so i did what i did....ok, that was months ago, but now i want to play it again, but i can't install it...CD stil thinks that i have game installed, there is no install button, only PLAY, if i push PLAY nothing happens at all. And i can't deinstall it either (there is no reinstall), it cames up with some error. What can i do to fix that? Which files should i delete (that are stil on computer since last time) that there will be no left on computer that belongs to Call Of Duty 2? Please Help!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
open regedit, go to hkey_local_machine\software and look for activision\call of duty 2. delete that folder and exit regedit. You should be able to reinstall at this time.

Sgt. McCoy

Sgt. McCoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Problem SOLVED!!!!

Just 1 minute before you response i solved the problem...i just had to delete the file inside C:\WINDOWS\Installer\(d0a5794-48......). And now it's like the game has never been installed :whistling:

THANKS anyway...i'll keep in mind next time i'll have similar problem!