Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP slows down randomly(laptop)

• Please log in to reply

thesniperdevil

thesniperdevil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well basically, my problem is this.
My inspiron 9100 has been having some "slow down" problems recently. I have performed most of the usual virus/spyware checks, used msconfig to check the programs running- also used a registry cleaner.

I have yet to find a suspect as to my issue.

Times when my laptop is at its worst? well mainly when playing games/ music, or when intitially opening programs. typical symptoms of this "freezing" is more of a jagged playing of the sound/visuals (closest to describe it is a strobe light, ut a little slower).

I ran the laptops in built hardware diagnostic, and nothing was found.. so i am not sure whether this is hardware or software related.

My only suspicion is perhaps heat damage to my RAM?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

EDIT--PLEASE DO NOT POST HIJACKTHIS LOGS IN THIS FORUM UNLESS ASKED TO DO SO

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would start by cleaning out the vents and fans, and if you are capable, opening the case and cleaning the heatsink fans.

IT sounds heat related

thesniperdevil

thesniperdevil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
cheers ill give it a go