Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monkeyfriedmonkey's Stand-up Comedy Routine

• Please log in to reply

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
So I’m a huge comedy fan and I thought I’d start this thread to share some of my favorite routines with y’all. I doubt I’ll get to it every day, but I’ll try to get to it at least a few times a week. Here’s the first installment:

Listen to Marketing & Advertising by Bill Hicks : http://www.napster.c...tracks/12409846

(to listen to it you have to do a quick register w/ Napster, but all they need is a valid e-mail address, and you don’t have to sign up for anything). Oh, and feel free to post your favorites!

Advertisements

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Currently this gentleman is my favorite male comedian: Listen to American Dream by Eddie Izzard : http://www.napster.c...tracks/15219604

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
This is currently my favorite George Carlin routine, but it's a hard choice, the man's got a 45+ year career: Listen to Advertising Lullabye by George Carlin : http://www.napster.c...tracks/13782351

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Cant beat some billy connely when ever i watch him i am in stitches its great always hilarious. I love a good bit of comedy as well its always good to laugh. I would post some of his stuff but none of it is repeatable in polite company.

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I love Billy! There's none of his stuff on Napster except the recordings from his short-lived folk music career with the Humblebums. I have seen everything of his on Netflix. I think his stuff is repeatable, it has that sort of semi-offensive yet charming enough that you don't take it too seriously thing about it. I'm excited because I just discovered him recently, I saw "John Brown" and then soon after saw him in "The Aristocrats" and then rented all of his comedy. Do you know of anywhere (other than netflix) to get a hold of more of his stuff?

My favorite "routine" of his (did you know he makes it all up as he goes along?) is when he tells a story about a cardinal or bishop coming to visit his catholic school, but I'd ruin it if I tried to recreate it.

I've seen this lady live, and she's funny as [bleep] and definitely insane. Anyone seen "The Comedians of Comedy"? She was on that. Listen to Hollywood Standards by Maria Bamford : http://www.napster.c...tracks/15209170

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Napster doesnt like me for some reason, being uk i get billy connoly stuff in the shops or its sometimes on the television he does a sort of travel show on his three wheeler harly thing that is funny but also a decent travel show.

Yeah i knew he makes it all up its part of the charm of it, its always good and its always new which is great. I live the stuff about when he was younger because it has places i know in it me being scottish as well. Ive got a few of his recordings i got off a friend they are just clips from his shows, one of my favourites is one of sheep shagging good to send to people from fife or aberdeen(sorry scottish in joke).

Another one i love is Jack Dee he amazingly funny, he had a show called Jack dee at the apollo(comedians know they have made it when they get to the apollo) and it was him and different comdeians everyweek one of the first on was eddie izard actually and him and jack were hilarious, one of the funniest i cant remember his name you might know it big iranian guy from london absolutley hilarious.

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Oooh, cool. I've never heard Jack Dee, I'll have to check it out. I think I know the Iranian London dude you mean, but I can't remember his name either. I've only seen bits and pieces from him in various TV compilations.

Some of my favorite stuff is really old, like this routine from Bill Cosby. If you haven't seen "Himself" it's worth it, it's better than all of his other stuff IMO, and not "childish" in any way. It's much better to see the DVD than to listen to the album.

Listen to Natural Childbirth by Bill Cosby : http://www.napster.c...tracks/12650283

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I cant napster links dont work, i dont know if it works at all for me i dont use it. Its ironically cheaper to buy CDs than it is online so i dont even look. Chris Rock i always thought was funny for the little ive seen of it, But i prefer the Comedians from this side of the pond you get some Americans that get the sense of humour we have alot of here but many just seem offended by it or dont think its funny and the US comics are funny but its funny HAHA not funny OMG my sides are about to explode with, although when they get it its bloody hilarious as there is so much more material for black humour in the US.

Edited by warriorscot, 22 May 2006 - 05:52 PM.

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Actually, do you know of any black UK comedians that are good? I agree with you about UK comedy being better. Unfortunately the only stuff that makes it over here is the stuff that is palatable to American audiences... and you know what that means. :whistling:

Some comedy, though, is just funnier when you live it. And African American comedy is a good example. I think this is funnier because I live in the US and have more experience with the phenomenon: Listen to Niggas Vs. Black People by Chris Rock : http://www.napster.c...tracks/13084380

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I think ive actually seen that on TV before, I wasnt actually meaning Black as in african american you know although they are good with black humour i was meaning dark humour, im not sure if you are messin or not ive had the Ahhh black comedy i love chris rock response from americans before. (again ironically that is cracking black humour just there i almost gave myself an anurism when that happened i was laughing so hard, kinda moments you wish you had a video camera.

Again napster doesnt work they dont offer samples or appear to and i aint puttin napster back on my system i know its not p2p anymore and its safe but my first nasties came from napster.

Edited by warriorscot, 01 June 2006 - 05:47 PM.

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Monkeyfriedmonkey

Banned Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Aha, you meant black comedy not Black Comedy. :whistling: I tried looking for good comedy on youtube but their selection isn't as good as napster. oh well... sorry 'bout that!