Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard non-functional

• Please log in to reply

Sahil Bajaj

Sahil Bajaj

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
There was recently trojans on my computer. 30 min after i noticed them, my keyboard stopped responding. Thanks to the help of one of the technicians in the malware department, the trojans are gone.

This is a 7- month old centrino laptop, and was functioning perfect. I am now communicating throgh on-screen keyboard.

I have looked in the hardware section and it says "This device is working properly"
I have also tried to re-install and update the drivers however, this did not work either.

Is there anything you can do to try and help me ?

Many Thanks in advance,
Sahil Bajaj

Edited by Sahil Bajaj, 13 May 2006 - 12:32 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I know it sounds silly and you may not have a early date anymore, but can you restore the computer back to a previous date before the trojan? Probably not but its just a suggestion that mght work.

SRX660

Sahil Bajaj

Sahil Bajaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hey,

Yeah i have already done that to remove the trojans, and the people in the "Malware" section of "GeeksToGo" confirmed for me afer reviewing the logs of "HijackThis" "BlackLight" and "Silent Runner" that the computer is free from any Malware. I also ran scans with Ewido, McAfee, Windows Defender, and also tuned up my computer with TuneUp Utilities 2006. I also updated the drivers, and i also tried the "sfc /scannow" but the keyboard is still non- operational. I know that the infections of my computer were probably monitoring keystrokes and such, but i would assume after they have been removed the computer will go back to normal.

Unfortunately they keyboard is still not working.

Any more suggestions,
Thanks,
Sahil

Sahil Bajaj

Sahil Bajaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Well, just for my own satisfaction I wanted to check if the keyboard and all other hardware components are in proper order, so i got SiSoftware Sandra and i did all the check, and everything (including keyboard) is in proper working order. Yet the keyboard is not functioning. I also check the toggle keys option, and there are no sticky keys or anything like that.

I do not get error messages, and there are no beeps. Can anyone help by suggesting and theories they might have as to why it is not respodoning, besides that it does not like me !?

Really would appreciate some help on this, as it really hard to get any work done, and it has been 3 days since the keyboard isnt working. It was the weekend, but school starts tomorrow!

PLEASE HELP

Thanks,
Sahil

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Laptops have special drivers for their keyboards. They are not the same as standard windows drivers because there are special keys to control the laptop. I would go to the laptop manufacturers website and see if you can find drivers there.

SRX660

Sahil Bajaj

Sahil Bajaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have the CD for all the Notebook drivers, and I tried that, but still in the same situation. Can there be anything blocking the Keyboard input signals?

Sahil

sweft

sweft

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
..if all fails. just start over. Repartition your hdd. Backup your files you need on a CD and take a few hours to fix it.. if that doesn't work than it's hardware.