Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE Crashes upon opening...?

• Please log in to reply

KaLiegh

KaLiegh

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Everytime I attempt to open Internet Explorer it instantly crashes. I have fire fox also so I am still able to access the internet however I have limited viewing of certain sites and my computer doesn't seem to recognize an internet connection with Firefox. I can still access such programs as AIM but whenever I attempt to use a LastFM plugin for Windows Media Player it closes itself or if Adobe Photoshop attempts to connect to the internet that crashes as well. I recently received viruses/trojans from some application for a game downloaded through limewire but I've done many virus scans and mannually removed harmful files. According to my virus protection with AVG 7.1 and McAfee my computer is supposedly clean. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Its not idealistic to be running TWO antivirus programs. Too much protection is no good.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Lime wire can and will slow your computer down. you block its cookies by putting them in privacy in your internet options found under tools at top of your page. Just simply copy paste limewires website click block then ok then apply then ok

KaLiegh

KaLiegh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Its not idealistic to be running TWO antivirus programs. Too much protection is no good.

McAfee was standard with our computer but I didn't feel it was doing a very good job so I recently got the other program when I encountered the virus problems.

KaLiegh

KaLiegh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Lime wire can and will slow your computer down. you block its cookies by putting them in privacy in your internet options found under tools at top of your page. Just simply copy paste limewires website click block then ok then apply then ok

I've removed limewire from my computer. I generally just download it to use and then remove it afterwards.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Ok this is what happen to me when i thought i removed limewire my computer was slower than normal so i didnt think much of it at the time. but when i mentioned to a friend that i had downloaded limewire i learned it was harmful to computer so i couldnt find it because i removed it so i went to start seach then typed in limewire and it showed up tried to delete evreything that was there about limewire. but the ones that i couldnt delete or remove i decided to block its cookies.

for myself i thought that the very first time i uninstalled it i didnt have in my computer or at least i thought it was no longer active. thats my exprience with limewire.

so anytime i wanna use limewire i allow its cookies find it in my computer and its there to download music