Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Defined Array + No Setup

• Please log in to reply

nerfed

nerfed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I'm having problems with my computer and when it boots up it goes to a screen that has:

"MBFastTrack yadayada...

Press CTRL+F to enter options.

Press ESC to continue booting."

Both of those options cause my keyboard and mouse to stop working, and I looked up the problem and now know you have to go into the setup when the computer is just turning on. But when I press delete to go into the setup it still takes me to that MBFastTrack screen.

How can I get into my setup to disable my RAID so that the MBFastTrack screen goes away? Thanks.

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
You must have a non-OEM motherboard (Asus, Abit, Gigabyte, etc.). I'm also guessing that you have RAID capability built into the motherboard rather than having it on a add-in board.

Try resseting your BIOS. There should be a jumper on your mobo to do this. Look up the location of the jumper and the instructions about how to do this in your mobo manual.

If your board really doesn't have a BIOS reset jumper (like my Gigabyte) then remove the battery for a minute and then replace it. Make sure your comp is unplugged to assure that the BIOS is reset. Hopefully this will allow you to get into the BIOS on the next boot. You will have to set the date-time again.