Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with CD-Rom Drive

• Please log in to reply

StarSprnkle

StarSprnkle

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,
I have a sony vaio PCG-K35. My cd rom drive all of a sudden has been giving me an error message when trying to burn cds that the cd rom drive is slower than the cd speed. This occurs most of the time, but not all of the time, and of course when it tells me this, it also messes up the cd so I can't use it. The cds are not the wrong speed at all- I have used them before and they are 1 to 52x's compatible. Also, The past few times I have tried to read a burned cd in my drive, I have gotten a "Not responding" error, and upon closing the tab, the cdrom drive dissapears from the "my computer" setting all together until I restart my computer, when the process repeats itself. However, my computer has had no trouble at all reading or playing dvd's, as I have watched several movies on it the past few nights.

any help at all you could give me would be great. I am a part time photographer, and uploading and burning photos to cd is vital to my buisness.

thanks
Darrah

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Ah, another inexplicable XP hardware problem. First, try this simple registry fix: CDGone. Right-click on the file and then select Merge.

But, it may be that your optical drive is going on the fritz. The good news is that a good replacement is selling for less than US$40:

NEC 3550 Black

NEC 3550 Beige