Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Network Connection issue

• Please log in to reply

master_with_a_problem

master_with_a_problem

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello good news is nothings broken. I have a linksys Firewall router connected to the internet. Connected to the router is a 5 port network switch. Connected to the switch are three computers w/ netlink/bios protocol enabled*. File and printer sharing works. The problem is that I have succesfully connected a wireless router to the switch where a laptop now gets internet from, but the laptop does not see the workgroup the other three computers are apart of. Is there away for it to use resources like a printer in a workgroup the laptop is not a part of? oh and the switch is in the DMZ port on the router, so does that mean the router is protecting the network at all? I haven't really touched the routers config (the one you get to through a web browser), so what do I do to enable some kind of protection?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

*I called linksys becuase the network wasnt connecting computers when I first set it up. They told me that Netlink/netbios, nwlink (or something like that) was required to get the network to work and it did.

Advertisements