Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Low FPS with new computer

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
This rig is fairly new, but it seems as if every computer I decide to build, and do it successfully, I have issues. I'm kind of getting sick of it :blink:.

Anyways, to the issue.. When I play BF2 in singplayer, my FPS is fine - never goes below 99.9. But when I play multiplayer, and from about 16 people in the server and above, frame rates drop. In a full 50 man server, FPS goes to around in the 40's. I've tried a lot of things, but I still get this issue. Could it be that I only 256MB of video memory? I've went from Catalyst 6.4, to Omega 6.3 because Omega's perform better, but I still got the issue. Any ideas, guys/girls? You always have something to suggest :whistling:.

PS - PC specs in my signature.

Thanks,
Matt

Advertisements

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Could be the intensity of MultiPlayer action.
Machine Gun fire, grenade and other intense action will drop your fps rates.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I know someone that has the same card as I do, and he doesn't have problems like this. He runs a higher resolution too, with no overclock. I'm doing a butt load of spyware/virus scans now, so hopefully it'll help. Oh yeah, this also happens in singleplayer if I put 64 bots in; right from the start of the round it's at 30FPS.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Does that guy with the same card as yours has the same CPU too?. Running 64 bot puts a lot of work to the CPU. its the CPU that processes the AI, the game physics etc.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Well, I know that, but he doesn't get the same issue I get in a full 50 man server. He has a 3200 Venice @ 2.6 too.

Edited by FalloutYear, 13 May 2006 - 07:28 PM.