Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

enlarging animated gif files

• Please log in to reply

maxwell2006

maxwell2006

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a few animated gifs taken from films. Generally they are small, but I would like very much to know if they can be resized, without having to do it frame by frame. (I did not create them, nor know what software package was used)

I'm curious, when I open these files with IE preview, I can click on the (+) button, and enlarge the file to almost fit the screen, and the animation stays fresh. Of course, saving it that way is another matter.

Disregarding the file size increase, and possible loss of resolution, can such thing be done...especially for a novice?

thank you in advance for any direction you can provide.

Advertisements

kroberts

kroberts

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I use photoshop to re-size animations! In photoshop you can open up the second program "Adobe Image Ready", from the "Image" tab you can select "Size" and re-size it to anything you want.

maxwell2006

maxwell2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for the reply, kroberts.

unfortunately, I don't have photoshop, but I do use an older adobe product called photo deluxe. I'll see if it might be able to help.

thanks again.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Photoshop is expensive a few hundred bucks, but they have a trial period so try it that way.