Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

spamers user names

• Please log in to reply

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
what happends to spamers that get banned? what if someone trys to sign up on g2g and a spammer had the user name? its hard to get a user name on g2g took me awhile till i found a proper username for my self.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Spammers very seldom use names that anyone would want- usuasally they are composed of somewhat random characters. If there is a name you really really want, and it is taken, check to see if the user has logged in recently. If not, ask an admin if you can have the name. That's how I got my name "back". Some people come to get help with a problem, sign up to post, solve their problem and never return. If your desired user name was taken by one of those, maybe, just maybe, Admin will let you have it.

Johanna

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
A good rule of thumb is that if the user hasn't logged in for at least a year, then chances are we'll delete the member and give you the name. :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
but will i still have the same user features and stuff?
will it still save my posts and everything?, if i get a admin to change my user name?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Yes. Name change wont affect post count or anything else. Generally you will still even log in with the same old username, we can just change the name that displays to everyone else.

ScHwErV :whistling: