Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dead hdd?

• Please log in to reply

hintswen

hintswen

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I tried to add a 30GB hdd to my ubuntu machine and it wasn't working. i took the drive out and i can't boot up now. it's like the drive is dead. it is spinning but bios isn't detecting it.
the conections seem to be right aswell.

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
I would check the data cable to the disk to make sure that it did not get partially disconnected. You could also try another cable in case the original somehow got damaged.

If the disk can not be seen, then it might not be functioning correctly. It is possible that the other disk caused a problem with the boot disk.

You could try seeing if there is a diagnostic program from the manufacturer, but I doubt that will work if the disk is not detected at all.