Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is it Possible to add files to a DVD+RW?

• Please log in to reply

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi im trying to make my own pc utilities disk so i have all my favourite sofware on one DVD.

I am using NERO 6 to burn the DVD and i am using NEROs option of multisession (this is meant to allow me to add other software to the DVDV in the future)

However when i burn the software onto the DVD, then the next day try and add some more software, i get the warnign message that adding any more fiels to the disk will over rtie the files already on it.

I dont want to use INcd either to format my disk as i have been told INcd isnty very stable.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there doire, do you have two dvd writers and the dvd you are using is RW or striaght R???

Also in my oppinion, I would NOT recommend making a DVD multi-session. A normal CD is ok to make multi-session.

Cool :whistling:

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
No i have one DVD re-writer and the disk is DVD+RW.

Why would i need two DVD re-writers?

So using a cdr would be better then in multi-seesion?

Is there any way of adding data to a DVD+RW???

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
No, you do not need two DVD writers, it is just that I know that having two writers can conflict.

Yes, using a normal Cd would be better.

And yes again, adding data to a DVD+RW is no problem, but I dont think they where ment to be multi-session.

But if you would like to continue with DVD+RW then I will carry on assisting you. DVD RW are ment to be writen once and then formatted to be written again.

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Ok but saying a i had data on the DVD+RW and wanted to add some more stuff onto it without the origianl data been over-written....how is this done?

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Well the multi-session should have worked, but since it never then maybe you should try using InCd, this is just to test it. I have used InCd for many years and it hasnt given me any trouble. Maybe your friend who had problems with it was unlucky.

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Heres some reading on INcd http://club.cdfreaks...ead.php?t=53834

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I have now treid INcd again. I have dragged and dropped soem files onto the DVD+RW. I then tired to write the fiels to cd using the Windows wizard but it keeps saying the cd is full. Im not using a cd but a DVD+RW. :whistling:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok try using windows wizard, but this time just try to format the disk using nero. Then after that use windows wizard.

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I cant see any "format" option in Nero only a "erase this disk" option

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Yes, "Erase disk" is the one we are looking for.

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Erasing the disk in Nero seems to have done the trick. I cna now drag and drop files onto the DVD+RW with ease.

Thanks for your help. :whistling:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
No, problem thank you for letting me know that it worked. But if in future it stops working, try giving InCd a try.

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hmmmm it only works if INcd is on my pc. Very strange