Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows firewall

• Please log in to reply

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I recently used the malware forum to rid my computer of viruses and malware, and was told to make sure I have my firewall enabled. Well, when I go to my windows firewall settings, the options of enabling or disabling the firewall are "greyed out", and it is stuck on disable.

I mentioned this in the thread that I was bwing helped in, but it has been a week or two since I've gotten another reply on what to do. I simply can't wait anymore, and I hope someone here can help.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hey there dflo404.

> Open "Security Center"
> Exapand "Firewall"
> Click "Recommendations..."
> Then click "Enable now"

Let me know what happends. Cool :whistling:

dflo404

dflo404

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Thanks for the reply. When I open security center and click on Windows Firewall, it just brings me to the same window that I've been trying to go to in order to enable the firewall, where all the check boxes are faded. I didn't see a recommendations tab. I use Windows XP Media Center on a Dell XPS M140 if that helps at all.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Ok try download "Spybot Search & Destroy" from my sig. and run it then see if there is any difference.

If that still doesnt work, read this:

http://www.geekstogo...ays-t95503.html

This is when users do not get replys in a certain number of days, you report your hijackthis log. You make a link to the hijackthis log with short description. The staff a Geeks To Go are very very bussy. So post a thread in there with a link to your hijackthis log and they will sought it out.

Cool :whistling:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 21 May 2006 - 03:36 AM.