Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Simple/Quick HDD Install Question

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Just purchased a new 250GB Western Digital HDD to use as a second HDD on my new PC. It is installed, but I want to purchase a SATA II cable to connect it to my motherboard. (This HDD DOES support SATA II.) Can anyone direct me to a website where I can purchase a SATA II cable WITH locking feature? I've tried newegg.com, pcdirect.com, directron.com, and tigerdirect.com. Every site I've gone to carries the SATA II cable but none of them advertise the locking feature. The cable on my main HDD (same brand and model) came installed with a locking feature on the SATA II cable and I want the same for my second HDD. Any website or birck & mortar reccomendations? Thanks all.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts

I have bought stuff from perfPC's so i know they are good. The other one i havent bought from yet.