Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2000 stop error message 0x0000007B

• Please log in to reply

hereschrisss

hereschrisss

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
My PC was turned on and i had a power cut, when i turned it back on i get a blue screen with the following message:
***STOP:0X0000007B 10XFCD56670,0X(0000032,0X00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I've tried everything i can think of and it wont work, its' on Windows 2000, could anybody please help? :whistling: :blink:

Chris

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi hereschrisss! Welcome to G2G!

Do you have your Windows 2000 CD? If you do, I want you to put it in and turn on your computer. When you are given the message press any key to boot from cd..., press a key and Windows Setup will start. At the first screen where you have to enter input, hit R to enter the Recovery Console. Then you will have to hit 1 to log into your windows installation and then just hit Enter for the Administrator password because it is normally blank unless you changed it. Once you are at the command prompt C:\WINDOWS I want you to type each of the following, hitting enter after each line:
  • attrib -r c:\boot.ini
  • attrib -s c:\boot.ini
  • attrib -h c:\boot.ini
  • del c:\boot.ini
  • bootcfg /rebuild
  • fixboot
Now type Exit and take your XP CD out. Your computer will reboot itself. Post back how things are going.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 14 May 2006 - 07:44 AM.

hereschrisss

hereschrisss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I dont have the disc. Is there any other way?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You will need to find your Windows 2000 cd in order to fix this problem. I suggest you look everywhere to find it. If you weren't given one when you got the computer, then I suggest you call the person who you got the computer from and get a cd from them.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Can you boot the computer into Safe Mode without getting the error?

Fenor

hereschrisss

hereschrisss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Safe mode doesnt work i've tried. I'll try to get hold of a disc and get back to you, Thanx for your help

Chris

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Do you have a program, like Nero, that will allow you to burn iso's (CD images)?

Fenor

hereschrisss

hereschrisss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have Nero

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Okay then. Download the Recovery Console ISO from HERE. Once it's downloaded, open up Nero Burning Rom, NOT STARTSMART. Once it is open, click on CANCEL in the window that pops up and then click on RECORDER-->BURN IMAGE. Locate the RC.ISO file you just downloaded and select OPEN. In the new window that appear, click on BURN and it will then ask you to insert a blank cd. Do so and the cd will be made. Then go into the recovery console as stated in my previous post, BUT THIS TIME DON'T DO THE BOOT.INI STEPS, instead type chkdsk /p /r and hit ENTER. This will check your hard drive and the files on it for errors and replace/repair any if need be. Once it's done, reboot your computer by typing EXIT and hitting ENTER. Let me know if you can log into windows now normally.

Fenor

hereschrisss

hereschrisss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Followed your instruction's with the disc my computer is now up and running fine, thanx alot your a star :whistling:

Chris

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad to hear it! :whistling:

Fenor