Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

after new hi speed install problems next day?

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hi, I was on dial up for about 5 years living out in the boonies and problems at all. then the opportunity of high speed came along and I jumped at it.

I continue to use my old dialup email until i get settled as i am a professional and can't afford to mess my communication up.

I am now getting everyday after I started using the hi speed inundated with Loan offers and stock advice from the US and I am in canada.

I have the isp numeric site number that is sending the crap, what can I do???
I look forward to a response, thankyou

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
We need some more info like what is your isp is it their email you are using and getting this, have you contacted them, are you using a spam filter on your email client?

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
No, it is my isp that I have had from dial up days as I can't change as a result of work. I have sent Telus the main telephone company here copies of the emails as well as the numeric isp that is sending these emails and I was advised to send it to their abuse dept. and have not heard from them.

Yes, there are spam filters on the notebook. I am a professional and the inhouse techie as well as the External tech check our notebooks on a regular basis and we all d/lupdates on a regular basis and scan as well. I have spysweeper, trojan hunter, norton anti virus and occasionally use AVERT standalone Stinger. Also the SCM Router and Alpha Shield. Both techs have checke for spyware and there is nothing present.
Just thought that I should mention this.
But this all started the very next day after I started using hi-speed and I don't give out my email address to anyone other than my select group of clients.
Most of my clients are in Asia.
Thx for the reply.

Edited by newbie geek, 14 May 2006 - 01:08 PM.