Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help activating my cd/dvd drive

• Please log in to reply

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Hello, My dvd/cd drive seems to be deactivated/disabled. The drive appears on the BIOS. It sais cd drive installed. It does not show up in my computer or the device manager. The drive will not even open when i push the eject button on the drive. I have to do it manually. The drive is on my hp compaq nx9010 laptop. It is runnning windows xp pro. Can someone please help me activate my dvd/cd drive.

Advertisements

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
If it is truly "diabled" then ...

Right click on "My Computer" -> Properties.

A window will pop up with tabs on the top of it "General", "Network Idenification", "Hardware", "User Profiles", etc ...

Click on the tab Labled "Hardware" -> Then click on a button labled "Device Manager".

A list of Hardware components will pop up. Click on the little "+" button Next to "DVD/CD-ROM Drives"

If the cd drive you have is disabled then it will show in there with a red "X"

Hope this might have helped idenitfy your problem !

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I have already tried that but there is no dvd/cd drive that shows up on the device manager. It shows up in the BIOS setup but it does not show up anywhere else

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might read this website and check to see if you have these drivers on your computer.

http://www.ncf.carle...~aa571/aspi.htm

SRX660