Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

noo sound....grrr

• Please log in to reply

noob4lyfe

noob4lyfe

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok... well i just re-formated my computer... its a p4 3.0.... well its pretty good.... and now i cant get my speakers to work.... it says no sound device detected...... i dont know what to do... please help... this is probally a no brainer for some... thankz

Advertisements

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Sounds like you need drivers for you SOund. What kind of motherboard do you have ?

Once you know what kind of motherboard you have google the manufatuer and on there website they should have drivers for it.

noob4lyfe

noob4lyfe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
umm.... you know how i can cheack and see.... because i dont really know.... is there a place where i can find out...? :whistling:

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The easist way to find information on your computer is to download Everest home edition and run it.

http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

This should tell you the motherboard maker and what sound device is used so you can find drivers.

SRX660

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Or not downloald anything and just use device manager =)

No offense to SRX660 ...

Use device manager. Hopefully you know how to get there ...

My computer -> Properties -> Tab labled "Hardware" -> Device Manager.

If you see any yellow "?" then it means the computer cannot idenitfy the object. And that you will need drivers for that item.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Some times windows just detects a sound card as a audio device which gives you absolutly not clue as to what card it is.
Check via device manager and if that doesn't show anything useful then use Sysspec of Everest.