Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

webclient/publisher

• Please log in to reply

cowboy357

cowboy357

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey All,,,Not sure if this is the best place to post,,,,But,,I,ll try,,,,When I run "cleanmgr" Everything works & deletes fine,,,When the taskbar opens the bar at the bottom is flashing red,,,& will not delete 64 kb Of webclient/publisher even though it says its safe to & do,s delete it,,,I,m just curious if Or how to resolve this problem,,,I,m working on getting rid of a small malware problem,,,but I think this is the major culprit,,,,I,m on netzero high speed ,,,Which has also seemed to be a big dissapointment,,,because I cant stay online for more than about an hour at most,,,,& there free norton disk isn,t much better,,,just kind of seems to get in the way of My store bought virus protection,,,,It was a new computer 6 months ago,,,& I got severely infected as soon as getting netzero,,,,Even though I,ve got rid of 95% of everything,,,it comes back to netzero tracking cookies Or fro norton symantic,,,,Just wondering if anyone else has this problem,,,& An idea how to fix it,,,also a better dial up provider that doesn,t overrun You with ads & commercials,,,,I could understand it with a free trial period or free provider,,,but not when Your paying for it,,,,Any response is appreciated,,,Thankyou,,,Cowboy357

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Runing cleanmgr dose not remove webclient/publisher, I am not sure what it is but it is part of windows, and not what is causeing you problem. Since you have some kind of infection can you read and follow You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

Also I don't know were you live so I can't recomend any Internet Service Provider.