Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet slowdown beyond reasonable

• Please log in to reply

tkhd

tkhd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got a new computer 160 Gb hard drive an 100 MG of Ram. Dell E510. I also replaced my first generation wireless G router with the same brand (linksys )and model (WRT54G) only brand new. (The other one died without any known reason). SO...I set up my home with the E510 as the host...connected via ethernet to the router with is connected to the D-link cable modem. I set up 1 desktop with a linksys wireless G PCI card installed (had it before) and 2 desktops with linksys wireless G USB connections (had them before). Also added a wireless G music bridge. All is good...left them unsecured until I knew I had everything set up right. Still are unsecure today because.... WHATS the DEAL?? My internet is slower than it ever was before and so is everyone elses. I am talking crawling!! I ran a virus scan and came up with nothing. Any ideas?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
see if this helps

The TCP Optimizer is a free, easy Windows program that provides an intuitive interface for tuning and optimizing your Internet connection. There is no installation required, just download and run.

http://www.speedguid...t/downloads.php