Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

www.guarduptodate.com

• Please log in to reply

Mirage1224

Mirage1224

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I would be most appreciative of some help. I am having problems with weird pop ups telling me I have some sort of virus, yellow alert icons and my set-home web page keeps being changed to www.guarduptodate.com. I have run all of my spyware/adware/protection tools and nothing seems to be able to correct this matter. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. :whistling:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Mirage1224! Welcome to G2G!

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

Fenor

Mirage1224

Mirage1224

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you so very much. I will do that. Since it is getting a bit late and I've been frustrated with this whole thing for the last 48 hours, I'm going to catch some sleep and start fresh tomorrow with your suggestions.

Again, thank you for your kind replay and the warm welcome.

:whistling:

Mirage1224

Mirage1224

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for your kind reply. I am posting this message (or one like it) in another forum to thank them for their reply also. After looking over your direcitons, it appears I will have to invest a healthy amount of money just to buy the programs to scan my computer. After figuring this out, I decided it would be quicker and cheaper to just hire someone to come to my home and repair my computer. Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
???? The programs on that page are FREE to use. Some have trial periods, but are FULLY FUNCTIONAL and will do just fine for cleaning out your machine at this time. Also, the people in the Malware Forum don't charge you for the service they provide.

I would DEFINITELY reconsider paying someone to fix up your computer when you can get it done for basically nothing, the only investment on your part is time.

Fenor