Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with an old game.

• Please log in to reply

tolwyn

tolwyn

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello, I dont know if anyone can answer my question but here goes.

I have an old CDrom game "You don't know Jack" (Vol.2) and enjoy the funny commentary and jokes at the end of the game.

Upon ending the game, any one of several differing sound clips ( approx. 1-2minutes) play as the scores are done displaying for that game session. One of the sound clips is 'very' funny and I wished to 'sample' or even simply 'listen' to it over again. I surfed into the game's folder and to my curiosity, could not find a "sounds" folder or any sound files anywhere.

The Main game folder contains only a bunch of .SRF files. I tried several programs to 'open'/'view'/'listen' to the files, but with zero success.

mheh..im a noob.

does anyone know what I should be doing or using to get these sound files? I have tried on and off since i purchased the game when it came out long ago, but I have no idea how to do this. And yes - I have played the game over and over many times to get the same ending as so I can use a method of 'recording' it. That was fruitless also. :whistling:

/help

:blink:

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
As with video in some games, the sounds may be encrypted onto the CD and can't be accessed with just simple folder searching. I know that most games don't have readable sound files accessible to the user.

My only suggestion is to try and use Fraps (www.fraps.com) and record a movie at the end, and see if you can extract the audio somehow.