Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

• Please log in to reply

televangelist

televangelist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Morning

I have recently uninstalled and re-installed IE 7 to ensure I had the latest version. However, when completing this I have found that IE 7 will now no longer work on my PC.

When I click the shortcuts the browser begins to load and then exits before allowing me to even load the homepage.

Is anybody else experiencing this? Can anyone offer assistance to rectify this issue?

I assume this will need changes via the registry, but I would like to be sure.

Thanks

CJ

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I know this is realy not the answer you wan't but, why use IE 7? Why not something a whole lot better like FireFox or Opera?

I know there a some issues with IE 7 such as memory leaks, that can cause problems.

FireFox is so much better safer, most infections target IE because it is so easy to attack, and a lot faster, in some cases pages load in half the time in FireFox.

televangelist

televangelist

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The reason I do not use Firefox or Opera is because some of the sites for work have been created not to allow other browsers to work.

However, I have resolved the issue by reinstalling Windows.

Thanks Anyway.

CJ

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
For those few dumb designed sites http://ietab.mozdev.org/