Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error!

• Please log in to reply

frogger

frogger

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi,

I am having problems when everytime I start office products ie. outlook, word, excel I am getting the following message box.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\PROGRAM~1\MIRCOS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

It is doing the same for word and excel just the last file name is different.

Any ideas please help.

Attached is display screen

Attached Thumbnails

• runtime_error.gif

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
If the problem occures since installing Adobe Acrobat 7, this may help. A search on Google suggested that Norton Internet Security may cause this problem, or other security suites, although Norton was the only one specifically mentioned.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
from any office application, choose HELP > Detect and Repair

have your office cd handy

frogger

frogger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thank you very much for your help. I actually did just install adobe acrobat 7. Not sure how you knew that but obviously this is an onging problem with this software. Cant believe a product from adobe would do that. Anyway I have taken the PDF maker away from office and works fine.

Thanks again fro your help. You have saved many headaches.

You guys rock

Frogger

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I didn't know, I had some help ;-).