Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet slowing down

• Please log in to reply

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Buddy boy, those aren't "average speeds" -- those are absolutely horrible. You're worse than 56k Dial up :whistling:

Problem is, is that I am still not able to connect by just taking the cable from the modem and putting it in my laptop. It still gives me the Limited or No Connectivity message. What is going on?

You failed to mention that earlier :blink: When did this start happening with your laptop?

So it's only when you connect the laptop to the router (via wireless) that everyone's connection becomes abnormally slow? If so, could you please run a speed test on one of the other computers when the laptop is not connected? Do you know what the advertised speeds are for your ISP?

Advertisements

disturbd17

disturbd17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Well it seems that if my parents use aol everything is back to what it used to be and they're happy with it. I did a speedtest after I took the wifi card out of my laptop and the desktop is 150 kbps down and 132 up. No wonder my computer is so slow. I'm not sure about the ISP, is there any way I could check that? I know both the computers are on aol 9.0 if that helps at all lol.