Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help Me [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DirrtySparrky

DirrtySparrky

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
:D <_< Hello. My computer just recently flipped out and Im not quite sure why. The only thing that will actually run is Yahoo Messenger. For example, when I try to run DiabloII: Lord of Destruction , it pops up an error message saying "C:\ProgramFiles\Diablo II\Diablo II. exe is not a valid Win32 application." This comp is not one of my most used ones, so it does not have many applications on it, but those which it does, it will run the same error message. It also pops up one message at the account log-in, runs ms-dos when the desktop is loaded, and another pop up about memory comes up. I somehow got my IE to work when I was Exploring, and clicked on a HTML file and it opened it up and I tried to use the browser bar and it worked. I will post the other two error messages after I get this on here, just in case I wont be able to get back on IE. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Advertisements

DirrtySparrky

DirrtySparrky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Okay, Im back. Here I go with the typing. I wrote down all the error messages and such that appeared when I rebooted. I will try to download HiJackThis, but Im not quite sure it will work with the way this computer has been running lately.
Here they are in the order they appeared.

Error Starting Program
The C:\Windows\System\parsedls.exe file appears to be corrupt. Reinstall the file, and then try again. (appeared before windows actually loaded up).

(these run on the desktop)
<unknown>
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

Mprexe
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

Error Starting Program
There is not enough memory to start startstop.exe. Quit some programs, and then try again.

Error Starting Program
The C:\Program Files\Yahoo\Messegner\msgr_tray.exe file appears to be corrupt. Reinstall the file, and then try again

runonce (MS-DOS screen with erorr message in front of it)
This program requires more conventional memory. Unload drivers or memory-resident programs that use conventional memory, or increase the values for Minimum Conventional Memory in the program's Memory properties sheet.

Here are also the stats of this computer.
System:
Microsoft Windows 98
Second Edition
4.10.2222 A
Computer:
GenuineIntel
x86 Family 6 Model11 Stepping1
480.0MB RAM

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
yo sparky,

Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

ditto

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.