Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Retrieve old POP3 email on Netscape 7.2

• Please log in to reply

daisymom

daisymom

• Pip
  • 9 posts
After having numerous problems, my computer hard drive was replaced. The computer tech people made a copy of whatever data they could and delivered the box back. I have approximately 566 emails, which everytime I log on, the Welcome screen tells me I have 566 "unread" emails. These emails are my old emails, the most recent of which was about 3 weeks ago and going back several years. I reloaded Netscape 7.2 which was my former browser; however, I use POP3 and not the Netscape Mail. I have copied the old profiles and mail, as well as bookmarks, onto my desktop, and also have them on an external drive on loan from the computer tech people. Somehow, I was able to get my old address book into the newly reloaded Netscape 7.2, but not my mail or my bookmarks. I loaded Thunderbird, and I was able to get my address book and most, but not all of my bookmarks, but no mail.

Since I do not have an active Netscape program with my old mail and profiles, the import option does not work. I have tried cutting and pasting, and that does not work either. I sent an email to Netscape 5 days ago, and have not received a reply. I really need the old mail because it has valuable information I need to retrieve. This has been going on for 3 weeks and I am really frustrated. How do I do this? I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Thank you. :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
neither a comment nor suggestion about the site...moving to the proper forum

daisymom

daisymom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi dsenette.

You moved my topic to a new forum? Where do I look for an answer?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when someone has an answer or suggestion for you they will post to this thread and you will get an email notification of that reply (just like the one you just got for this reply, and the one you got when i replied and moved the thread.) please remember we are all volunteers here and it may take some time for us to get to your issue. if it has been 3 days since your post, or since the last reply to your thread please go Here and follow the instructions.