Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uploading site - problems!

• Please log in to reply

clareb2005

clareb2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Well I'm just trying to get it working, I'm usually a perfectionist but with 3 deadlines on the same day I can't afford to be!

What would be the best way to set the font so it stays the same whatever the browser? It's a problem on the whole site not just the homepage. Also the text on the homepage was set in CSS to auto scroll (just so it didn't get the horizontal scroll bar) I know you're not keen on that bit (?!) but hows the best way to get rid?!

Edited by clareb2005, 17 May 2006 - 05:58 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Set the font size in px (or still better em if you know how to use them)

font-size: 12px;

instead of

font-size: x-small;

Out of .News in you css delete

white-space: pre;

and change

overflow: auto;

to
overflow-y:scroll;

If you have dead lines (when is it?) lets just leave the scroling stuff the way it is, it would be a lot of work to fix because of the way the site is writen.

clareb2005

clareb2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
the problem was that firefox wasn't liking multiple CSS classes e.g. positioning and text style in the same class. So I've worked on it all day and it seems to be fine

Thanks a bunch for your help though, feel free to have a final look and that

:whistling: