Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Networking

• Please log in to reply

Adamiscool

Adamiscool

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I recently purchased a DLink wireless ADSL router model no DSL - G604T and i have been experiencing problems with it. I use a DWL-G122 which is a USB adapter thing that plugs into my computer upstairs, the main computer downstairs is plugged directly into the router unit whereas the one up here only has the usb adapter. My internet connection cuts out frequently and the other day i was playing on call of duty 2 on pc and i keep getting connection interupted?? If anyone could help i would really appreciate it, Thanks

Advertisements

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I had a similar problem however with a different router, my sister did not have a wireless card and plugged her laptop straight into the router (i configured it first), i found that whenever she plugs her laptop in the internet conection either drops or i get alot of send recive packet loss. try unplugging the router power cable taking out the computer - router cable, and restart the router a coupple of times. if this works tell me

kebabboy

kebabboy

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem: i have a Belkin router model F5D7230-4 connected to a Neuf Telecom ADSL modem. I'm currently using 2 laptops and 1 desktop wireless, and about every two days I have to unplugg the router or reset it because internet pages refuse to load.
Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

I've checked firmware and everything is said to be up to date. I've also been on their site and they have settings they suggest according to you ISP in my case it's these settings. Currently my connection is set to a Dynamic one but when I change it to a PPPoE as they suggest I lose my connection to the internet. Can anybody tell me if the problems in speed and connectivity I experience may be linked to the fact that I'm on a Dynamic connection rather than on a PPPoE?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mat