Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing IIS

• Please log in to reply

coljung

coljung

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
i've been trying unsuccesfully for the last days to install IIS 5 on my pc and for some unknown reason it isn't working.

Im using XP Pro SP2.

So, i follow the usual steps, insert my xp cd, install windows components and then choose IIS, then I restart my pc and.... nothing, all i see is Internet Information Services on my administration tools, but i think there should be also something like a IIS Manager, and if im not wrong there should be somewhere a file called pws.exe or something like that ( i had it installed a while ago ).

Anyways, i've tried doing the same process several times but nothing different happens, is there something im doing wrong ? And it should work because i've had it installed before and it worked fine.

thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
I don't know what you're referring to in regards to a IIS Manager.. From the looks of things, you seem to have everything installed fine. Never heard of pws.exe :blink: What exactly isn't working? Have you tried uploading a basic HTML webpage? The only IIS Management utitility I know of is that which is located in your Administrative Tools, which allows you to setup certain permissions, etc. I really think that you have everything installed already; you're just expecting something to happen that's not going to :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the other method for managing iis is by right clicking on my computer > manage > services and applications > IIS..is that window closer to what you rmemember seeing?