Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB external hdd drive DWE

• Please log in to reply

dazzawood

dazzawood

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been using WD 300 gb drive for large files and it works fine but try using my friend's USB external HDD and copying from my local drive's , just get Delayed Write Error in task bar.Now i have spent last couple of day's reading threads and adjusting registries to no avial.
I did read on Microsoft site that there is a USB Hotfix for this problem , but requires to contact Microsoft.
Does anyone have this hotfix file and does it work ?
I have tried finding thread on this site but no luck.
Can anyone help ? :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with the drive connected to the computer open up my computer and right click on it > do properties > go to the hardware tab and highlight the drive > click the properties button > click on the policies tab > unclick the "enable write caching" box...see if that helps any