Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon 9000 Pro

• Please log in to reply

Hairybuffalokiller

Hairybuffalokiller

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, I have a Radeon 9000 Pro from the Gigabyte manufacturer and ever since I bought it, i have been having artefact problems with it. When viewing streamed videos through realplayer or windows media player there are dotted blue, vertical lines that are quite thick and very visible.

In Quake 3, on maps where snow is present, thin, vertical white lines are present almost as if they are deliberate. Browsing the internet and watching flash demos etc produces no problem, it seems to be only with things the graphics card has to primarily generate.

When installing the latest drivers, the card slows down to a crawl and it takes 10 seconds for it to draw the start menu, AND the problem is still there! :tazz:

If anyone could help I would be much apprectiated as I have tried changing settings, resetting them, installing and re-installing new drivers and much more.

Is it possibly a duff card? ;)

Thanks.

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
sounds like one...(the duff card :tazz:)

I would call up back the company and ask for a replacement, I think that will solve your problems,- nice card ;)

Hairybuffalokiller

Hairybuffalokiller

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok cheers. I suspected that from the start but wanted to check. Lol nice card? My other ones a Radeon X800 Pro XT 256mb GFX CPU OC'd through RivaTuner by 13% and RAM by 22% lol, I use the Radeon for office apps and occasionally the odd game of True Combat on Q3A. :tazz: