Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

DNS Problem?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
* I posted this in "Internet Broswers" Section but noticed that there was hthis section so pardon me for repeating but i really need answer fast...Plz :whistling: :blink: :

K here is the problem...
I was at the library of my university trying to connect wirelessly to internet.
So I connected no problem, and tried to open "Internet Explorer". It started to go to the university's homepage and error pops up...then i tried other sites...they all wouldn't work...

Now that it is summer, I came home and tried to connect wireless at my house.
But again, the same problem...I wondered y cause I was connected to the internet.

And then somehow, I put an IP address (ie. 67.899.393.32) and then the site started to work.
After all those trouble, I was able to browse through internet by their IP address.

I figured that I had some DNS resolving issue. But How do you fix it?
I really need this fixed as soon as possible so I can work at university...
Please help!

Thank you for reading

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please do not start multiple topics for the same problem. I am closing this one, and will leave the one in Internet and Browsers open for now. If your issue appears to be not related to that, a mod or staff member will move it or direct you to the appropriate forum. :whistling: