Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ABIT uGURU help

• Please log in to reply

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I hope I'm in the right thread.....

I've recently had a problem with my uGuru application. When I try to start it I get an Error that says "ConnectServer: 0x80070422." The only thing I've done in BIOS recently was change the audio configuration so that my soundcard would work (because the onboard Realtek sucked). I also noticed that in the ABIT Blackbox program it gives me the same error when I push the "auto detect" button. Any ideas???

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ABIT AT8 Crossfire Edition Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego Core Socket 939
ATI Radeon X1800XL All In Wonder Video Card
2g Corsair XMS
250g Western Digital Hard Drive
Creative Audio Sound Card
Windows XP SP2

Edited by Fox3inbound, 15 May 2006 - 09:06 PM.

Advertisements

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Not sure what this means but i seem to have found the error in a windows help centre.

same error message but i'm not sure your problem is the same.
http://search.micros...n-US&FORM=QBME1

do you have a way of re-installiong the software, if so i suggest uninstalling cleaning updating anything and reinstalling.
if you have already done this then im pritty stumped sorry, il have alook around the knoladgebase's for you though and see if they can turn up something

EDIT: hey i just found a much better forum to post on, its the ABIT motherboard forum they will probably be able to sort you out that is if we can't . :whistling:

EDIT: sorry i forgot to post the link to their forums, http://forum.abit-usa.com/

Edited by Max-T, 16 May 2006 - 12:33 AM.

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Well, thanks for the help. I'll probably have to contact ABIT because the people in the abit forums aren't as helpfull as they are in geeks to go. Thanks a bunch :whistling:

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
from your post above i guesse it could be a problem with your BIOS, you might want to see if you can update that, not to sure what else really.

hope all goes well with contacting ABIT :whistling:

Fox3inbound

Fox3inbound

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I called Abit... I think the guy was retarded or about to go home for the evening, because he really didn't have too much to offer. He told me that it's useless updating my BIOS and that I should contact Microsoft because it's a problem with Windows.... (gay).

So I inserted the Windows installation disc, selected "upgrade." And let microsoft do it's thing. When it was done... uGuru worked and so did the black box program.

Now that I think about it a little more, my hunch is a skin program that I had called WinCustomize or Window Blinds was the problem... I used the Logon program to customize my logon screen. I'm not entirely sure this was the problem, but I'm going to try to re-install it and see what happens. Just thought you'd like to know if anyone else has a similar problem...

-adam