Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems-lots of! IE -Printer Driver Can anyone Help Please

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, click help and support, click undo changes to my computer with system restore, put the dot in create a restore point, click next, name it by date, (so you can find it), click OK

Advertisements

lovinlife2

lovinlife2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi Keith,
Sorry for the delay back to you.

I did as you said: start, help and support. That was as far as I got. Hour glass came up like it was trying but nothing came up? I did a search for the topic help and support, It was found, clicked it, same thing....nothing?
Thank you
Laura

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do it without the restore point

Uninstall the drivers for the printer, run tune up disc clean up and registry clean up, install the drivers from the software CD

lovinlife2

lovinlife2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I dont know what is going on. Did my steps. now my keyboard does not work? I have tried start, keyboard etc. I can not type on my keyboard. booted in safe mode. Could toggle in the black screen when it says move cursor to what I wanted then click enter until it got to the desk top? I am have issues here and its frustrating. Working on my laptop currently. Do you have any idea why my keyboard will not type. Its like the plug n play drivers are gone and I do not have the xp cd. Not sure I ever got one of those with computers. Suggestions?
Thank you,
Laura

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check the lead from the keyboard to the PC is connected properly, it may have worked loose, if it is wireless, are the batteries ok

If it has an F Mode key does it make any difference if you press that?

lovinlife2

lovinlife2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Keith,
I got my keyboard functions back. There was an update notification for microsoft and I updated. Since I did not have my xp cd it did not complete the updates. Mainly I got keyboard back. I am trying to locate xp cd
Thank you
Laura

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It should have updated without the XP CD