Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop stopped connecting

• Please log in to reply

luckyboym

luckyboym

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Okay, I just tried to get online with my laptop when I got the "no wireless networks detected". It was working fine a day ago and then it suddenly stopped. I just configured my router to a static ip so I thought that might have something to do with it. But, I typed in the correct ip address and all that junk and it still didn't connect. I even completely reset my router to see if that helpped, but no luck. This is wierd because I usually can see a few different networks from around my apartment complex, but now It will not detect any networks. Does anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate any help.

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I can't seem to find much information about the error messege you get, with only 3 results... The only useful thread I've found was this, where the solution for the problem was using the System Restore feature of Windows XP.

Edited by Comnir, 16 May 2006 - 06:20 AM.

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
i have had somehting like this before but all i had to do was pull the power out of my router and modem for a coupple of hours and plug it back in. :whistling:

luckyboym

luckyboym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
its funny because i'm using an Acer as well. I don't think the system restore will help becuase it really just stopped finding networks more or less overnight. I didn't change any settings to the laptop at all. So, you don't think it would have anything to do with the static IP I set up?

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
The static IP is most probably the reason, becasue that's what have changed in your configuration. Nonetheless, you said your laptop can't seem to find any other wireless networks in the area as well. Hence, the only possible solution I can suggest is the System Restore. Besides that, I've no idea of what could be the problem, sorry...

luckyboym

luckyboym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
okay, I tried the system retsore and stil no luck. l am going to try a network card and see if it wll pick anything up.

luckyboym

luckyboym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
WoW, I'm dumb! A light on the front that I thought was superficial was actually a wireless switch. Works now, thanks for the help.

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Nice Work! :-)