Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashes

• Please log in to reply

FuryEcho

FuryEcho

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello

I am a warcraft 3 player and i get game crashes or system crashes almost every game.
Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello FuryEcho and welcome to G2G!

We are going to need more information.

What are your system specs?
Do you get any error message?
Does the computer freeze? blue screen?

FuryEcho

FuryEcho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am useing Windows Xp Professional 2002
Amd Athlon™ Xp 2600+
512Mb of Ram
Ill attach some scree shots of the System, display and sound i have.

Sometimes i get errors but not so often. When the game crash, its simply froze. Its like a Screen Shot. When it froze i have to do Ctrl + Alt + Del and shot the game. In the Taks Mannager/Applications it says the game is Not Responding.

When i have a computer crash, its like a screen shot. When i press Ctrl + Alt + Del, I can only see my mouse scroll and i can move it but i cant do anything else.

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
a coupple more questions for you

1. what version of direct X do you have. i would sugest downloading the latest version if it is not already installed (9c)
2. what vidieo card do you have, if it is intergrated what are the driver versions and what make is it.

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
my browser doubble posted again can an admin please delet this :whistling:. (what happens is i click the post button and on the bottem righ twere the load bar is it gets stuck halfway so i click the stop button then the post button again and it goes all the way but i have posted 2 times :blink: so if you could just delet this post thatad be grand :help: )

Edited by Max-T, 16 May 2006 - 03:53 PM.

FuryEcho

FuryEcho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I tryed to post the screen shot of the Sound, System and Display but it dosent works.

FuryEcho

FuryEcho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
My DirectX verision is 9.0c
System Model: AWRDACPI

Display:
Name: Connect 3d Radeon 9600 series 128M
Sound:
Name: C-Media Wave Device
Procesor: AMD Athlon™ XP 2600+, ~2.1Ghz

Max-T

Max-T

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
check for driver updates on your readeon once spike cleans you out :whistling:

FuryEcho

FuryEcho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I did the updates 4 days ago and i still get the crashes.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Most Blizzard games generate an error log file, located in the main directory, whenever a crash occurs. Navigate to your Warcraft 3 directory and look for an "Errors" folder, or something along those lines. If found, open it up and look for some error log files; you should be able to open them in Notepad. Post some of them here.

Along with this, generally whenever your computer experiences a crash, it creates a log in the Event Log; goto Start --> Run --> type EVENTVWR and press OK --> Now, look under the System and Application logs for any errors and/or warnings. If you find any, please post the relevant heading, along with the details inside by double clicking on the error/warning, and then copy/pasting the information from within.

- Dan

FuryEcho

FuryEcho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I dont have any errors in the Error file because its a crash not an error.

I found like 100 errors. I think this one is related to the computer crash:

The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot the machine.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
What was the events source and event id?