Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open files with dbx extensions

• Please log in to reply

rogersm

rogersm

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have recently transferred all the folders containing my saved emails on Outlook Express to another new Folder. The files all appear with a dbx file extension. Can anyone tell me how I can open these as clicking on them produces a File Download notice inviting me the option to Open, Save or Cancel. Upon clicking "Open" a Windows Internet Explore page appears momentarily, less than 1/2 a second, followed by the previous File Download notice again?
:whistling:

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

(Source)
I'll assume you're running OE 6. Hit File, Import, Messages, select Outlook Express 6 (or whatever version of Outlook Express you're importing from, and press Next. Now select Import mail from an OE6 store directory, and press OK. The next page of the import wizard will let you point to the directory containing the other OE's store. Once you've selected that, press Next and you can choose which folders to import.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You have to open dbx files by importing them into OE or using a third party utility like dbxpress.

Johanna

rogersm

rogersm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you so much Johanna and Comnir - problem solved. I was getting panicky in the belief that I had lost my records.
What a great service Geeks To Go provides to beginners like me. I really appreciate the 2 of you letting me benefit from your knowledge. I must have wasted hours trying to solve problems such as this. :whistling:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You are welcome. Thank you for posting back and letting us know you resolved your problem.

Johanna