Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB device issues

• Please log in to reply

NicholsonITS

NicholsonITS

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have just purchased a Trust 4 port USB Hub. It should just "plug'n'play" and if I plug it into my Fujitsu-Siemens Laptop it works just fine.
My desktop is an AMD Sempron 1800 on an ASUS Motherboard running XP Home SP2. When I plug in the hub it always invokes the 'Found New Hardware' wizard and requires to install software. As there is no software for this device it says it cannot install the hardware and the balloon "A problem occured during hardware installation . . etc!" appears. Sure enough the device does not work!
Trust was no help and they do not supply a driver for the device.
I also have a Buffalo USB2 memory stick which works perfectly well on my equipment, but just sometimes when used on other peoples machines I get exactly the same situation as outlined above with the hub.
What is going on when this occurs? Why does Windows XP fail on occasions to initialise a component correctly? I should very much appreciate some assistance with this irritating phenomenon! :whistling:

Advertisements