Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

E-Machine Color Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply

pesmerga2007

pesmerga2007

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, if anyone can help me out with this problem i whould greatly appreciate it. My work comp is an E-Machine. The prior owners had a colorblindness to red thus, the color is disabled. Any tips? Thanks the help is much appreciated!!

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
What do you mean "diasabled"? I couln't find such an option anywhere... The closeset thing I've found was Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet for Windows XP, but I couldn't try it tough, so I don't know whether it could help you. I hope it will anyway :-). If it doesn't, can you send some Screen shots or explain where doesn't the red color show?

pesmerga2007

pesmerga2007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well thats just the thing.. im not to sure how he managed to shut it off.. we reformatted the hardrive on it.. and this failed to help the problem.... it seems that its a monitor thing.. or a driver thing.... like if you use word for instance.. the color pallet comes up as green for the color red... its weird.. and i am at a loss becase i dont use E-machines much.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Your monitor has setting for the intensity for Red,Green,Blue. on your monitor OSD menu find the color settings and make the values are equal for each color.