Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Place to sell medium stuff

• Please log in to reply

master_with_a_problem

master_with_a_problem

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi people, I was wondering if there was a good place to sell some medium range hardware (other than ebay), and I want to sell it no bidding, I mean I would negotiate but not bid. The stuff I want to sell:

Soyo Kt-600 mobo with sata-II, agp 4x/8x, atx, 2 IDE, 3 DDR slots (up to 400mhtz), up to atholon xp 3000
(mobos got a really good bios with pc health status and easy f.s.b. OC).

AMD Atholon XP 2800+, 2.01 ghtz (not oced) Barton core, OverClockable, 333mhtz FSB.

Ultra amd xp fan upto 3200+ (This is a crap fan, processor runs at 45 degrees w/ it and its SO LOUD).

512 mb (computer WILL see that much so it wont say 448 or something like on my sis' comp) 333mhtz.

PNY (good support) MX-680 (i think its that i dont know, all I know is its really an old school card) 64mb.

CD-RW (gaurd dog???) 52x 32x, 2mb cache, black.

Creative blaster modem (really new used untill I got hi-speed).

and I think thats it, how much do you think I could get for all of it? A friend may buy it how much should I sell it for, I would like to make some money, but I would prefer to give some one a deal on this oldER hardware then rip them off. (is like $75 to much??). any help would be great.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I think a good way to gauge how much you should charge is to search ebay and see what the going rate is....

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The way I figure prices for friends, is to search online retailers (Newegg, TigerDirect, etc.) and then check eBay to see degradation prices.

My friend wants my X800GTO when I upgrade to a DX10 so I looked at Newegg, and since he's a good friend I took off maybhe 10%.

If you are selling, make them aware what it is and what it's not capable of.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
10% thats not very good, depreciation is very high you can lose as much as 10 bucks a month or more, my card is worth half of what i paid for it when i bought, the very fact of opeing the package and using the card takes of 20% usually minium.

master_with_a_problem

master_with_a_problem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
So I totalled all of that up (trying to be on the negitive side and heres how it went:

Mobo value: $25

Processor: $70

CD-RW: $15

PNY card: $25

Crapy Fan: -$01 (I really hate this thing I just want to stab it with a screw driver.)

512 DDR : $25

Modem: $09

Thats about right I think and it totals 168 then minus 10% and you get about 151.20, and I know its not worth that much, at least togeather. So how about $110.00, for all this wonderful stuff?? and is there a place other than ebay, I have never had any success on there except with buying an air gun.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Selling to friends consists of:
-How much do you need?
-How much are they willing to spend?
-Find the average.

I took off 10% because my video card is only like $150 if that even, and I haven't had this baby for very long. :whistling:

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I am a member of quite a few forums just because i like reading up on problems and fixes. On many of the forums they have a buying and selling thread where you can sell your stuff. Most use heatware.com for recommendations on the sellers. i use it myself but i really havent bought any used equipment since 2003.

SRX660

master_with_a_problem

master_with_a_problem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thank you SRX for an alternative, I spent like four hours trying to find a "used computer componets sales site"!