Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Correct "Connection" SETTING(S) For My DSL Connection

• Please log in to reply

grc

grc

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hey gang,

I am told by the Download Accelerator 8 Plus program that I have a "Dial-up" configuration - for my DSL service. My ISP techs wouldn't ("can't") help - so can someone please tell me what to do in that "Connections" tab area to set-up for DSL? I am learning this stuff - but "Proxy" and "LAN" (Local Area Network - for like business's or multiple home units) yadda-yadda, etcetera, well, I haven't learned all that stuff yet.

I would appreciate ANY help at all.

Thanks - g ...

Edited by grc, 16 May 2006 - 06:14 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here and get tcpoptimizer

The TCP Optimizer is targeted towards broadband internet connections, however it can be helpful with tuning any internet connection type, from dialup to Gigabit+

http://www.speedguid...t/downloads.php

grc

grc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

go here and get tcpoptimizer

The TCP Optimizer is targeted towards broadband internet connections, however it can be helpful with tuning any internet connection type, from dialup to Gigabit+

http://www.speedguid...t/downloads.php

Wow - I appreciate your time, and the link, and I downloaded the program - but really don't know how to use it. My thought process was to go into my internet options and make a "fix" (appropriate setting[s]) within the Connection tab. I do have broadband (I guess ... DSL anyway).

If you could help me with that, or tell me where I can find directions for the link you provided, well, that would be great!

Thx again - g ...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you actually having problems with your internet connection? or just this software...i don't like internet optimizers...cuz they don't really do much....if you're on a DSL connection...you shouldn't really need one...the connection should be fast enough on it's own...the only time these programs actually show benefit (marginal benefit at that)...is on dial-up and even then...it only looks like things move faster

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I have used that program with sucess many times...you might want to use the link to read about it