Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can't change destop display in control panel in win xp

• Please log in to reply

thn

thn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my computer had virus. i ran norton virus after turn off "system restore". after that, the monitor changed to blue color (it had my niece's picture before). i tried, but can't change the display in control panel. could anyone help me, please? thank you very much.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi thn...

First, let's try the settings route. Right click on the desktop and choose "Properties". Under the "Desktop" tab, click on the "Customize Desktop" button. Under the "Web" tab, clear all the checkboxes in the "Web pages:" box...Click "Ok". "Apply" the change and click "Ok".

Reboot and try to change your desktop image. Any change?

wannabe1

thn

thn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you very much. when i came home from work today, my daughter has already changed it. she said that she went to regedit and delete wallpaper file. could you tell me is it alright to do that, please? because i know that i can't change anything from registry. sorry if i bother you with my questions, but i'm a beginner in computer. my daughter usually downloads from internet (manga and music as i know), so i think my computer might get virus and spywares. could you tell me what antispyware is good and easy to use for a beginner like me, please?
thank you very much for your help. i truly appreciate it.