Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon Video Card

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I have the Ati Overclocking tool on the cd that came with the card. I believe it's the same one. I downloaded those 32 bit mod drivers you were talking about.

Are'nt I okay with the drivers that I already have? Why do I have to use the softmod ones? What will they do that mine does'nt already?

THANKS TROOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
the benefits of softmod drivers is that they have been designed and tested for the best quality and performance possable they are heaps better than the normal ati drivers trust me i have the same card and these drivers have helped if your not happy with them chnage them back

if you want to change them back go to device manager select radeon 9550 and click on the drivers tab and hit roll back drivers.
that will remove them if your not happy.

just try them trust me im sure you will see some sort of performance gain

they wont do anything to ur computer i have them installed and its fine the package also comes with catalyst version 6.4 which has its own tweaks and other settings to change to gain better performance aswell,
troppo

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
It actually runs every game I've tried to play so far such as:

1. Call Of Duty 2

2. Contract Jack

3. XII

4. Men Of Valor