Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do I get songs from...

• Please log in to reply

demirkol

demirkol

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
those cassette tapes my parents have been bugging me for a while and I dont know how to do it. My parents got all these cassettes from the 70's and they want the songs because they cant find the same songs in the shops so is there a way i can get them from cassettes to my PC?

thanks in advance

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Look on the back of the PC at the soundcard, take a torch, look for inputs, then you will need a lead to go from the cassette player to the input

If you have onboard sound the input is likely to be pink / mic

demirkol

demirkol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
where do i get the mic cable from and is a program i should get?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it is onboard, check the outputs on the cassette deck, ask a shop for a lead which has the same output / input connection, it should be widely available

Look at audacity and / or audiograbber

http://lists.thedata...Audio_Tools.htm

demirkol

demirkol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hope it goes well

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Couldn't you just download the songs, I don't think it's illegal if you have them already and it would be much easier

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Rule of thumb. If it's 30 years old, and not too popular, you can be sure it won't be on the net. The songs you can find online are all but the most popular mainstream songs from today, and a couple deckades back, but the farther you go, bye bye any rare songs.