Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Narrowscreen resultion on Widescreen screen?

• Please log in to reply

DutchRoy

DutchRoy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I've been puzzling over this one and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a solution for this.
When I run a narrowscreen application/game which uses for example 1024x768 as a resolution, the screen looks streched on my widescreen monitor. A lot of modern games do allow you to use a widescreen resolution, but a lot of older ones don't. :help:

I was wondering if there is an application or driver, that allows you to "square" the screen. What I mean is display something opposite to the effect they use with 4:3 TVs to show a 16:9 film. So using black bars on the sides for displaying narrowscreen on a widescreen.

My screen is an Acer 1916WS. I'm mostly interested in a solution for XP, for my linux installation it's not a problem, since I never play games on it. :whistling:

Any help, hints, suggestions are greatly appreciated. :blink:

Advertisements